Inspired by.. Darlene Design


I love butterfly's and this card done by Darlene Design caught my attention.   Follow along as she takes you through the steps so used to create.  (includes video and supplies) Enjoy!


Watercolor ButterflyWatercolor Butterfly (zoom)

This week is pretty much all watercolor. I used a stamp I picked up at the Scrapbook Convention here in Dallas a few months ago. I picked a part of the background to highlight (the butterfly), which you could do with a lot of background stamps out there.
I find that watercolor works best when you heat emboss the outlines. So, the background is embossed in white and the butterfly is embossed in black. I experimented with embossing the background in black but it was just too dark and distracting.
The butterfly’s antennae are glued on with embroidery thread, with a little rhinestone on the tip. I had a little mental trouble with the symmetry – you’ll see in the video, lol!




Supplies:
Stamps:
Paper:
Inks:
Embellishments:
Tools/Punches/Dies:
Other:

No comments:

Post a Comment

For more information feel free to email me at dbjdesigns@gmail.com or leave a post on this blog.